The AEMC models 4620 and 4630 digital ground resistance testers perform both ground resistance and soil resistivity tests. These testers measure from 0 to 2000 Ω and are auto-ranging, so they automatically seek out the optimum measurement range. It’s also very easy-to-use. Simply connect the leads, press-to-measure and read the results.
The large, 3/4″ LCDs are easy-to-read and also indicate low battery status, overrange, test lead shorts and lead reversals. Three LED indicators on the front panel continuously warn the user of measurement problems to ensure accurate and reliable tests.
The AEMC models 4620 and 4630 are fuse protected up to > 250 V AC against accidental connection to live circuits. In the event of a system fault, they can withstand 150 V AC with spikes of up to 3000 V AC or 1000 V DC. The heavy-duty field case is sealed against dust and water when closed. The meter itself is self-contained within an inner case providing additional environmental and insulation protection. The test button is also sealed against the elements.
The AEMC model 4620 is powered by eight alkaline C cell batteries. The model 4630 is powered by a 9.6 V, 3.5 Ah NiMH rechargeable battery pack. A built-in recharge circuit, powered from 120/230 V 50/60 Hz line, also provides for testing while recharging. Both models will perform over 2000 tests between recharging (Model 4630) or battery replacement (Model 4620).
The AEMC models 4620 and 4630 are rugged, easy-to-use instruments ideal for maintenance crews performing numerous tests. Both models exceed mechanical and safety specifications for shock, vibration and drop tests called out in IEC standards. They are designed to reject high levels of interference, so they can be used under difficult conditions such as high stray currents that normally affect accuracy.
Both the 4620 and the 4630 are also available in complete kits (150ft, 300ft and 500ft).
• Ground Integrity Measurement
• Measures soil resistivity (4-Point)
• Measures ground resistance (2- and 3-Point) Fall-of-Potential method
• Step voltage tests and touch potential measurements
• Auto-Ranging: automatically selects the optimum resistance range and test current
• Designed to reject high levels of noise and interference
• Extremely simple to operate: connect/press/hold/read
• LED on faceplate informs operator of high input noise, high auxiliary rod resistance and fault connections
• Large easy-to-read backlit display
• Battery powered (Model 4620)
• AC powered with rechargeable NiMH battery pack (Model 4630)
• Rugged dustproof and watertight field case
• Color-coded terminals